Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
Abveris is a private, employee-owned company that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation and our partner’s successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with unlimited vacation days, a matching retirement plan and free lunch every day.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team and expand our bioanalytical department. Using state-of-the art technologies and workflows, this Research Associate would work with the bioanalytical team to ensure project-specific deliverables are met across a diverse panel of discovery campaigns. The role would involve wet lab experimental design, execution, and data analysis for multiple custom antibody development projects incorporating various biologics screening assay formats.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Developing, running, and troubleshooting immunoassays (i.e., ELISA assay)
- Antibody and protein screening and custom characterization assays
- Sample handling, sample inventory tracking and assisting with automation integration into the department
- Concurrently execute multiple antibody discovery projects requiring wet lab activities, data analysis, report generation and preparation of deliverables
- Record and communicate experimental details, draft reports, and deliver data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline required
- Prior laboratory experience strongly preferred, with priority toward experience in an industry setting
- Strong knowledge of biologics characterization assays (e.g., ELISA, SDS-PAGE, etc.) and associated skills (media/buffer preparation, precise pipetting, etc.)
- At minimum, a basic understanding of antibody discovery workflows
- Ability to troubleshoot scientific processes
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate and effectively communicate within and across departmental teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to operate in a fast-paced and growing environment