Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team to facilitate flow cytometry screening for new and ongoing projects.
- Perform flow cytometry screening for both internal research and Partner projects, assist in the design and analysis of flow cytometry experimentation using ForeCyt or FlowJo software.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of iQue flow cytometer, including daily startup, QC, and shutdown.
- Interpret and summarize experimental data and prepare data reports for Partners.
- Understand a variety of cell-based methods with a strong understanding of tissue culture, cell biology, and general laboratory techniques.
- Help train at least one additional user on all aspects of flow cytometry (planning and running experiments, data acquisition, and analysis).
- A bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or a related scientific discipline.
- Understanding of flow cytometry fundamentals, working knowledge of flow cytometry software.
- At least one year of experience running flow cytometry experiments, experience with iQue preferred but not required.
- At least three years of general biology laboratory experience.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues on flow cytometry instrument and software, as well as manage instrument maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work constructively with colleagues throughout all laboratory departments.