Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Molecular Biology team and contribute to cloning, antibody sequencing, single B cell discovery and additional molecular biology workflows. The role will be lab-based and integral to expanding our molecular biology capabilities as our company continues its rapid growth trajectory and passion for integrating state-of-the-art technology and custom antibody discovery techniques.
The ideal candidate will have previous hands-on experience, specifically for single cell technologies, with sample processing, PCR amplification and data analysis. Technical proficiency in a combination of the following is also desired: Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, antibody sequence analysis and downstream molecular biology techniques required for various cloning methods and subsequent recombinant expression. Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills are cornerstones for a successful candidate.
· Degree in Biology or other related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant molecular and cellular biology experience.
· Hands-on (wet lab) experience with single cell technologies and associated molecular biology techniques is required. Specifically, this would include single B cell discovery for antibody research.
· Knowledge of next generation single B-cell platforms and related protocols (e.g. Beacon, 10x Genomics, Drop-Seq, SMARTseq, ddSEQ, Sphere Fluidics, BD Rhapsody, or other).
· Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation, PCR setup and quality control analysis
· High throughput sample handling
· Comprehensive data analysis for sequencing projects (e.g. Geneious Prime, Vector NTI, etc.)
· Excellent attention to detail, record keeping and a passion for accuracy and precision
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadline-driven workflows
· Experience with various cloning protocols
· Bioinformatics or experience with NGS-based antibody analysis software (e.g. Geneious Biologics).
· Experience with computational and statistical approaches for high-dimensional data analysis