Abveris (now a part of Twist Bioscience) is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive reagent and therapeutic antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
This role works directly with the cell culture group for a range of projects to produce, select and scale hybridoma cell lines.
- Cell culture, including hybridoma and other cell line maintenance, scale-up and antibody production.
- Mammalian cell transient transfections
- Mammalian cell stable cell line generation
- Hybridoma generation and cloning
- Management of antibody discovery project timelines and deliverables
- Media and formulation optimization
- Process efficiency and automation implementation
- Managerial role for multiple direct reports
- Ph.D. with 2+ years, or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years, of industry experience in antibody and biologics discovery and/or development
- Prior laboratory experience in a biologics industry setting required
- Mammalian cell culture experience with aseptic technique
- Media and formulation optimization studies
- Advanced knowledge of antibody discovery processes in single-cell and hybridoma-based workflows
- Ability to troubleshoot scientific processes, optimize workflows and implement automation
- Proven managerial success building a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to operate in a fast-paced environment