Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
Abveris is a private, employee-owned company that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation and our partner’s successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with unlimited vacation days, a matching retirement plan and free lunch every day.
We are searching for a full-time Executive Administrative Assistant to join our team and help with day-to-day operations in a challenging, fun, and fast-paced environment. The Executive Administrative Assistant will work closely with the leadership team, human resources, accounting, and project, laboratory and facilities management at Abveris to cover a number of business supportive and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is able to work independently and communicate clearly and promptly. Time management and exemplary organizational skills will be necessary to efficiently multitask and meet strict deadlines in our fast-paced environment.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Assisting with scheduling and calendar management for members of the executive team.
- Answering the main company phone line and routing calls and messages to the appropriate parties.
- Scheduling, preparing for, providing support to, and taking notes during meetings.
- Managing the company administrative email inbox and directing emails to various departments for action.
- Light bookkeeping tasks which include, but are not limited to, accounts payables, accounts receivables, and invoice, billing and receipt management.
- Running monthly commission reports for our sales team.
- Processing a semimonthly payroll for 35+ employees.
- Organizing and filing company documents, including some sensitive and confidential documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- At least 2+ years in a similar administrative/supportive role.
- Bookkeeping experience (A/P, A/R, expense report filing, etc.) a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a diverse and cross-functional team.
- A team player looking to contribute enthusiastically in a growing, hard-working, collaborative, employee-owned company environment.