Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
Abveris is a private, employee-owned company that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation and our partner’s successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with unlimited vacation days, a matching retirement plan and free lunch every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual with a focused skillset in bioanalytical antibody characterization for therapeutic candidate triage. Optimizing and troubleshooting a range of workflows including immunoassays, affinity analysis, functional assays and protein isolation/characterization is critical to our success. The ideal candidate will utilize their exceptional communication skills along with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of the antibody discovery process to work with both the bioanalytical team and the project management team to ensure project-specific deliverables are met .
Job responsibilities to include:
- Lead and develop a small team of scientists and research associates in our bioanalytics department.
- Provide end-to-end guidance (assay development, execution, analysis and data reporting) in areas including ELISA, kinetic assays (BLI and SPR), functional screening, protein purification and downstream antibody characterization.
- Critically analyze and present data to facilitate antibody lead selection for a variety of concurrent discovery programs.
- Work closely with the Project Management team to communicate timelines and deliverables.
- Stay up to date with recent developments in antibody discovery methods and technologies - help guide the progression of our laboratory capabilities and future improvements in the bioanalytical group.
- PhD in related technical field with 3-5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical analytical development or BS/MS with 10+ years of experience.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of biologics characterization assays: extensive experience required in ELISA, FACS and SPR/BLI with Carterra and ForteBio Octet.
- Track record of developing, executing, and analyzing common assay formats for biologics discovery such as high throughput screening, epitope binning, ligand blocking analysis, affinity analysis, antibody/protein purification and developability assays.
- Able to independently manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment that hinges on overlapping projects and sensitive workflow timelines.
- Advanced understanding of in vivo antibody discovery.
- Proven ability to assess, interpret, and present complex scientific data effectively and with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a focused, problem-solving mentality to address projects and logistics