Abveris (now a part of Twist Bioscience) is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive reagent and therapeutic antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking an experienced antibody enthusiast and business development professional to join our team to continue to expand our rapidly growing business.
This person will be responsible for working directly with our partners to design antibody discovery solutions to meet their research goals. The primary objective is to secure new business using a consultative, highly science-forward approach.
This person will be integral in building and executing on business strategy to achieve exceptional business outcomes that also deliver needed therapies.
Job responsibilities to include:
- New business – growing and managing new and existing customers in your territory, selling antibody discovery and engineering services
- Alliance management - Interface with our partners who are senior biopharmaceutical development scientists worldwide to solve critical antibody discovery needs
- Presenting company offerings to new potential partners.
- Significant involvement in consultative sales process and early project discussions, including quote development and technical project design
- Technical support and troubleshooting communication in conjunction with our technical team
- Traveling to industry conferences to find and win new business
- An advanced degree in a related technical field is preferred (PhD is not necessary)
- 2+ years of direct scientific experience in antibody discovery or closely related, ideally with 2+ years a customer-facing role as well. Direct scientific experience is more important than BD experience. Willing to train!
- Proven track record of building great, long-term professional relationships
- Must be self-motivated team player who will show initiative to anticipate and prevent issues in a rapidly scaling business environment.
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Strategic thinker who is also able to execute in an effective and organized manner
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal
- Ability to work well with external partners and internal team members to deliver top quality service along with ideal antibody deliverables.
- Able to travel up to 20%, international and domestic