Greater Boston Area
This position is responsible for managing the sales and business development operations of Abveris, a biotechnology services company (CRO) specializing in antibody discovery for reagent and therapeutic purposes. Abveris currently has a small, talented BD/Sales team and is looking to expand over the next few years to meet the growing market demand. This person will have broad responsibly as an executive officer of a rapidly growing company.
This person will start off as a player/coach while recruiting and training the remainder of their team. An ideal candidate will get very involved in sales opportunities in the beginning to deeply understand our customers’ needs.
- Plan and carry out all business development and sales activities to develop new business for our antibody discovery offerings
- Be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of customer experience
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Develop and maintain annual sales and marketing budget
- Gain insights from customer needs and propose products/services to satisfy those needs
- Identify market needs, create sustainable competitive advantage
- Build and maintain a relationship with all members of the Abveris team, especially the cross-functional management team
- Work closely with team members to develop quotes/proposals that communicate concepts to technical and non-technical decision makers
- Recruit and train new team members
- Manage and present sales forecasts, new business opportunities and historical sales figures
- Maintain accurate reporting in our CRM on all sales activities
- Bachelors or other degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or a Technical field preferred
- PhD. in a related technical field is preferred and not necessary
- Minimum of 10 years of proven technical sales experience with 3+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated life science, pharmaceutical, biotech and/or antibody discovery industry knowledge is strongly desired
- Proven track record of providing sales results while maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Possess high degree of leadership and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative as well as anticipate and prevent issues in a rapidly scaling business environment
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Experience managing and building an internal and external sales team
- Ability to work well with customers and internal team members to deliver top quality service along with ideal antibody deliverables
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, international and domestic
Abveris is a growing biotechnology company that focuses on discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies. Our customers include a diverse set of large and small pharmaceutical companies, including 12/20 top pharmaceutical companies and diverse small biopharma groups. We provide high-quality, rapid services to generate therapeutic and reagent antibody products. Abveris’s differentiating technology is a proprietary, auto-immune, engineered murine discovery platform that delivers antibodies against tough-to-target immunogens, quickly.
Abveris is privately-owned and proud to provide an enjoyable work environment. We have a small company, entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy going the extra mile to deliver the best possible outcome for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer.