Greater Boston Area
This position is responsible for managing and developing technical sales and business development operations of Abveris, a biotechnology services company (CRO) specializing in antibody discovery for reagent and therapeutic purposes. Abveris currently has a small, talented BD team and is looking to expand over the next few years to meet the growing market demand. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, antibody discovery methodologies.
- Develop scientific marketing & educational collateral supporting antibody discovery services offered by Abveris (including web content, white papers, scientific journal publications, etc.)
- External communication with senior/director-level scientist and business development contacts representing Abveris’ portfolio of pharma/biotech client companies
- Work closely with team members to develop quotes/proposals that communicate concepts to technical and non-technical decision makers
- Plan and carry out business development and sales activities to develop new business for our antibody discovery offerings
- Be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of customer experience (from a scientific/technical perspective)
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Gain insights from customer needs and propose products/services to satisfy those needs
- Identify market needs, create sustainable competitive advantage
- Build and maintain a relationship with all members of the Abveris team, especially the cross-functional management team
- Maintain accurate reporting in our CRM on all sales and marketing activities
- PhD or MS in a related technical field, or 5+ years in research associate role
- Demonstrated knowledge of life sciences & antibody discovery methodologies
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative as well as anticipate and prevent issues in a rapidly scaling business environment
- Superior written & oral communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- Ability to work well with customers and internal team members to produce top quality service and deliverables
- Must be able to travel up to 10%, international and domestic
Abveris is a growing biotechnology company that focuses on discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies. Our customers include a diverse set of large and small pharmaceutical companies, including 12/20 top pharmaceutical companies and diverse small biopharma groups. We provide high-quality, rapid services to generate therapeutic and reagent antibody products. Abveris’ differentiating technology is a proprietary, auto-immune, engineered murine discovery platform that delivers antibodies against tough-to-target immunogens, quickly.
Abveris is privately-owned and proud to provide an enjoyable work environment. We have a small company, entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy going the extra mile to deliver the best possible outcome for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer.