Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team and expand our high resolution single B-cell screening platform using the Berkeley Lights Beacon. Using state-of-the-art technology coupled with intelligent project and assay design, the candidate would accelerate our antibody discovery process and guide selection of ideal single B cells. Highly qualified candidates will be able to combine exemplary benchwork with the ability to analyze complex data sets and translate them into actionable, intelligible data reports.
- Application of microfluidics-based selections of antigen-specific B cells using the Berkeley Lights Beacon.
- Detailed reagent preparation and validation
- Design, implement, troubleshoot and validate antibody-based functional assays (protein-protein interactions and cell-based), particularly on the nanoscale level.
- Complex instrumentation troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Responsible for preparing and clearly presenting data in a variety of cross-functional meetings under specific timelines.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate work within a highly matrixed workflow and collaborative environment.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences (preferred) with 5+ years of experience in a laboratory setting (strong preference to industry experience).
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience in single B-cell (i.e. B cell cloning) -based antibody discovery workflows with an end goal of identifying novel therapeutic candidates.
- Expertise in developing end-to-end solutions for novel antibody discovery platform technologies.
- Prior experience establishing and validating antibody-based functional assays and characterization processes.
- Keen understanding of the antibody discovery process.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems with diverse variables.
- Ability to critically and independently evaluate data.