We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team to facilitate single-cell sequencing of B cells and molecular biology workflows. The role will be integral to expanding our molecular biology capabilities and premier antibody discovery platforms.
The ideal candidate is technically proficient in single cell isolation, RNA and DNA extraction, PCR/sequencing from single cells, standard Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, antibody sequence analysis from raw sequencing data (sanger or NGS output) and downstream molecular biology techniques required for various cloning methods and subsequent recombinant expression. Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design are needed.
- Advanced degree in Biology or other related discipline with 0-3 years of experience, MS with 5+ years or BS with 10+ years of relevant molecular and cellular biology experience
- Extensive hands on molecular biology protocol and NGS technology expertise required
- At least 3 years of documented hands-on (wet lab) experience with antibody research utilizing NGS protocols and sequence analysis, B-cell isolation and downstream processing, cell culture and advanced molecular biology
- In-depth knowledge of standard NGS platforms, bioinformatics pipelines and NGS data processing and interpretation solutions.
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation, high throughput PCR setup and quality control analysis.
- Experience with various cloning protocols, construct design, expression construct optimization and high throughput sample handling.
- 1+ year of hands-on single B-cell sequencing experience
- Knowledge of next generation single B-cell platforms and related protocols (e.g. Beacon, 10x Genomics, Drop-Seq, SMARTseq, ddSEQ, Sphere Fluidics, BD Rhapsody, or other) with direct experience greatly preferred.
- Bioinformatics skills: programing in R/python (or other NGS sequence analysis friendly language) or experience with NGS-based antibody analysis software (e.g. Geneious Biologics) is highly desired.
- Experience with computational and statistical approaches for high-dimensional data analysis
This is a full-time position at our Canton, MA office.