Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Molecular Biology team and contribute to cloning, antibody sequencing, single B cell discovery and additional general molecular biology workflows. The role will be lab-based and integral to expanding our molecular biology capabilities as our company continues its rapid growth trajectory and passion for integrating state-of-the-art technology and custom workflows.
The ideal candidate is technically proficient in a combination of the following: RNA/DNA extraction, PCR/sequencing (preferably single cell experience), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, antibody sequence analysis and downstream molecular biology techniques required for various cloning methods and subsequent recombinant expression. Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills are cornerstones for a successful candidate.
· Degree in Biology or other related discipline with 0-2 years of relevant molecular and cellular biology experience
· Hands-on (wet lab) experience with antibody research and/or molecular biology
· Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation, high throughput PCR setup and quality control analysis
· Experience with various cloning protocols and high throughput sample handling
· Comprehensive data analysis for cloning and/or sequencing projects (e.g. Geneious Prime, Vector NTI, etc.)
· Excellent attention to detail, record keeping and a passion for accuracy and precision
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadline-driven workflows
· Hands-on single B-cell sequencing experience
· Knowledge of next generation single B-cell platforms and related protocols (e.g. Beacon, 10x Genomics, Drop-Seq, SMARTseq, ddSEQ, Sphere Fluidics, BD Rhapsody, or other).
· Bioinformatics or experience with NGS-based antibody analysis software (e.g. Geneious Biologics).
· Experience with computational and statistical approaches for high-dimensional data analysis