Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking an experienced laboratory director with broad capabilities to oversee the daily operations of our fast-growing antibody discovery laboratory. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of the antibody discovery process and characterization of biologics. Qualified candidates will additionally have leadership experience within a laboratory setting.
Primary responsibilities to include:
- Assume responsibility and accountability for project-specific experimentation and laboratory needs on a day-to-day basis by guiding a team of research associates and scientists.
- Provide end-to-end guidance on assay development and troubleshooting for antibody discovery and characterization in areas including, but not limited to: in vivo immunization, tissue culture, ELISA, flow cytometry, kinetic assays (BLI and SPR), functional screening, purification, protein engineering and molecular biology.
- Analyze and present characterization data to facilitate antibody lead selection.
- Work closely with the Project Management team to communicate timelines and deliverables.
- Provide thought and bench leadership to a diverse group of scientists from different experience levels and departments while facilitating their scientific and career growth.
- Stay up-to-date with recent developments in antibody discovery methods and technologies.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences with 5+ years of experience in a laboratory setting or a Bachelor’s/Master’s in biological sciences with 10+ years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Expertise in antibody discovery workflows, in vivo based discovery strongly preferred.
- Experience with recombinant antigen/antibody production, affinity purification, ELISA, flow cytometry, Octet BLI, SPR. Deep understanding of commonly exercised assay formats for biologics discovery (such as epitope binning, ligand blocking analysis, affinity analysis, cell-based reporter assays, etc.)
- Must possess a focused, problem solving mentality to address project and logistics issues and think outside the box to solve challenging problems in a fast-paced setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in building and leading team members and direct reports.