Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual with a focused skillset in bioanalytical antibody characterization for therapeutic candidate triage. Optimizing and troubleshooting a range of workflows including immunoassays, affinity analysis, functional assays and protein isolation/characterization is critical to our success. You will work directly with the Chief Scientific Officer and utilize exceptional communication skills along with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of the antibody discovery process to fully develop and characterize biologics for a range of projects. The ideal candidate will work with both the bioanalytical team and the business development team to ensure project-specific deliverables are met.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Lead and develop a small team of scientists and research associates in our bioanalytics department.
- Provide end-to-end guidance (assay development, execution, analysis and data reporting) in areas including ELISA, kinetic assays (BLI and SPR), functional screening, protein purification and downstream antibody characterization.
- Critically analyze and present data to facilitate antibody lead selection for a variety of concurrent discovery programs.
- Work closely with the Project Management team to communicate timelines and deliverables.
- Stay up-to-date with recent developments in antibody discovery methods and technologies - help guide the progression of our laboratory capabilities and future improvements in the bioanalytical group.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in related technical field with 3-5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical analytical development or BS/MS with 10+ years of experience.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of biologics characterization assays (ELISA, FACS, SPR/BLI affinity ranking/measurement with Carterra and ForteBio Octet, SDS-PAGE, antibody/protein purification, antibody developability).
- Track record of developing, executing and analyzing common assay formats for biologics discovery such as high throughput screening, epitope binning, ligand blocking analysis, affinity analysis, antibody/protein purification and developability assays.
- Able to independently manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment that hinges on overlapping projects and sensitive workflow timelines.
- Advanced understanding of in vivo antibody discovery and specifically hybridoma-based discovery workflows.
- Proven ability to assess, interpret, and present complex scientific data effectively and with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a focused, problem solving mentality to address projects and logistics