Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
We are seeking an experienced antibody enthusiast and business development professional to join our team to continue to expand our rapidly growing business. The job title for the role will be commensurate with experience.
This person will be responsible for working directly with our partners to design antibody discovery solutions to meet their research goals. The primary objective is to secure new business using a consultative approach – there is a lengthy sales cycle involved in all new business and the goal is to build long-term relationships.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Interface with senior biopharmaceutical development scientists worldwide to solve critical antibody discovery needs
- Significant involvement in sales process and early project discussions, including quote development and technical project design
- Technical support and troubleshooting communication in conjunction with our technical team
- Management of antibody discovery project timelines and deliverables
- Marketing strategy development – including drafting of offerings, pricing, and service packages
- An advanced degree in a related technical field is preferred (PhD is not necessary)
- 5 years of direct scientific experience in antibody discovery or closely related, ideally with 2+ years in a BD role as well. Direct scientific experience is more important than BD experience.
- Experience structuring therapeutic antibody discovery contracts is ideal though not necessary
- Proven track record of building great, long-term professional relationships
- Must be self-motivated team player who will show initiative to anticipate and prevent issues in a rapidly scaling business environment.
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with external partners and internal team members to deliver top quality service along with ideal antibody deliverables.
- Able to travel up to 20%, both internationally and domestically (once the world goes back to some sort of normal)